PROJECT OSAR 0.1
- 3D printed airframe and payload options for max $ savings.
- Plan on using long range high resolution thermal camera to increase detection odds.
- Our system includes a full training program ensuring new pilots know how to fully utilize our sUAS and optical systems.
- We have found that crew training is the most critical factor in their success when searching for people with sUAS.
- We hope to gather community support and volunteers to help fill gaps in our resumes and help with any issues along the way.
- Our entire project will be open-designed under Creative Commons 4.0.
- Tail-sitter VTOL airplane capable of fully automated missions.
- 3D printed parts and designs, allows for rapid development and repairs.
- High Resolution Thermal Camera + Laser Range Finder + RGB Cameras.
- Hasty and detailed flight pattern searches using 3D printing algorithms.
- Crew will be able to flag coordinates of “hotspots” for follow up or dispatch of ground SAR teams.
Please click the button above for more detailed information about our project.